There are some popular movies and TV shows everybody but me watches. Some things I just don’t understand, to this day I still cringe when I see someone in gladiator sandals!
1) Frozen: I was all excited to watch this one a few months back. But, let me tell you what the previews won’t, IT’S A FUCKING MUSICAL! I actually didn’t finish watching it because I have no patience for musicals. I don’t know what it is, I just feel the urge to get out of my seat and walk away if a musical is on. There are exactly two musicals I can sit through, they are Grease and Wizard of Oz. All the rest can go scratch. Sorry Sound of Music lovers, I just can’t do it.
2) Walking Dead/All things zombie: My boyfriend and everyone else on planet Earth rabidly loves this show. I actually am not knocking it, but I just have no desire to watch it right now. I’m sure it’s a perfectly good show. I mean nobody sings in it, so there is a plus right there! As a side note, I don’t get everyone’s obsession with zombies. It seems like anything zombie that comes out, everyone is getting their sawed off shot-guns and anxiously stands in line for it. Zombies aren’t my thing. I’m more drawn to TV or movies that involve aliens or the paranormal. Zombies just don’t do it for me. I’ve definitely seen my fair share of great zombie movies, but it’s never something I’m cracking skulls to be first in line to see.
3) Game of Thrones: I tried with this one, I really did. Actually, I was basically forced to watch this one. My BF loves this show, to the point where he has watched the entire series twice already. I’ve only seen a few episodes and couldn’t get into it. I guess I’m just too “delicate” for it. I can’t handle the “rapeyness”, the incest, disease-infested prostitutes that flash their V’s, and the constant betrayals. I don’t consider myself a feminist, but I also just don’t like how the women characters are treated either. If I were on the show, everyone would have been be-headed by now. Which I guess HBO wouldn’t be too pleased with because there would be no more seasons to make money from.
4) On The Road: I don’t think this one was really “trending”, but I couldn’t get into either. I mean, I was intrigued to watch the movie, but it was too boring to finish. I decided to change gears and read the book instead. The book was also boring. So I think I’ll pass on this!
5) Fast & Furious: I liked and saw the first two movies, but don’t understand why they kept beating a dead horse by making more. I mean, maybe they’ll finally stop making these since my beloved Paul Walker died. But, somehow, I’m sure they’ll keep releasing them. They’ll just replace Paul with Vin Diesel in a blonde wig.
6) Mad Men: I absolutely loved this show up until season 5, when shit got just…weird. First off, they should have never taken a two year hiatus! That’s just logic 101 right there, but when it finally did return it just was never the same. Personally, I found it F’d beyond repair, everyone was just so depressed and had bad things to deal with. It also didn’t seem like it was going to get better, so I just stopped watching it. Maybe it’s less doomed now, but I think there are better odds of me watching a musical.