I’m always surprised at how quickly summer passes. I had to quit flip flops this week, it’s so sad! September was a busy month with my birthday and all. Since I was sucky at blogging most of the month, I’ll do another bulleted recap with pictures. Oh my!
- Spending Labor Day with my BFF by the beach and pancakes from The Pancake Man. I posted some pics in my August recap.
- Quality bowling time with my #VEDA-rans. Patrick made an awesome video of this! #VEDA- Day 38?
This place hasn’t been updated since the Reagan administration.
Myspace duck face shot
Can’t own boring bowling shoes
- My sister surprised me with a massive amount of lawn flamingos for my bday. BEST.DAY.EVER!
- I met Wakefield from the Sox. Super nice guy!
- Headed to Maine for some bday fun that involved outlet shopping, seaside dinner, and seaside drinks. I have better pics on my Nikon, but I’ve been too lazy to upload them.
Testing out my attachable iPhone fisheye lens.
I just love Maine…
- I had a (mostly) lovely bday outing at Yard House. I’m glad my friends were able to make it and the food was good. We did have a bad waitress though. I complained to the GM and she worked with us to be sure we were happy. I wrote a Yelp! review on it and I’m over it already. I just hope she finds another career path, for the sake of other patrons!
- Andy got me an Xbox Kinect for my bday with a dancing game. My BFF stayed over after my bday outing and we DANCED OUR FACES OFF most the following day to the gift she gave me, Michael Jackson: The Experience. It’s seriously the best game ever!
- We had some adventures with creeper dog.
- Andy and I had a pretty chill past weekend. We went to party, got some more Kinect games, and WATCHED DEXTER!
My friend and I went to NYC over a weekend. We had a blast! I usually go to the city 1-2x a year. I think I enjoy going around the holidays the most. There really isn’t anything like Christmas in NY. We mostly went shopping this time around and did a lot of exploring of midtown. I took about elebenty billion pictures, here are the “cream of the crop”:
Only in NY, a Swarovski crystal bike.
We found a Goodburger!! Unfortunately, Ed had the day off.
Empire strikes back!
I should apologize ahead of time for all the "fish eye" photos, couldn't resist!
Tree at Rockefeller center, it was being set up.
Skating at Rockefeller plaza
Only in NY...
We bought out all the street vendors. I'm still trying to figure out where to put all these scarves and bags
NY Public library. It is stunning inside, but also about 400 degrees. I guess books like to be toasty?
More fish eye fun
More fun in Times Sq
NY skyline from top of the Rock
My BFF is going through a tough time right now. We hung out last weekend, and while I was fist-pumping to MC Hammer in the car, she said it was the first time she smiled in a long time. We then proceeded to Wal Mart to purchase various craft items. I walked out with some gimp and beads!  We also stopped for ice cream in 15ºF weather[/edit] Once our craft items were arranged, we then transported ourselves to a fictitious summer camp in 1995, where we created assorted friendship bracelets.
I made two “Cobra Kai” bracelets and wish I had the foresight to buy letter beads. I could have further enhanced them with key phrases like “sweep the leg” and “Cobra Kai never dies.” It’s on the list for next time.
Fear not my friends, I did spend the rest of the weekend doing grown-up activities, like drinking beer and eating fast food at 3am.