The Julep Maven secret store opened and lacking any form of self-control, I ordered the Blank Canvas Trio. The trio includes Mattifying Face Primer, Plumping Lip Primer, and a Mattifying Eye Primer. Oh yeah, I tossed in a glitter nail color called Mila, because NAIL POLISH!
I’m excited to try the face primer since my skin is oily like a 17-year-old fry cook. I’m curious to see if it will help during the day with keeping less of an oily sheen on my face (yuck). Here are the details:
Features & Benefits:
- Absorbs shine, brightens skin, and locks in moisture for 24 hours
- Reduces the appearance of wrinkles and pores
- Fortified with 18 plant extracts
I love, love, and love the lip plumper! The applicator is a bit tricky though, I had to click the bottom for a few minutes to get any of the lip plumper out. I think I went a little too far, because it continued to slowly ooze out like molasses after I used some. Word of caution, don’t be crazy with the clicker. I like the hue as well, it’s almost nude (oh-la-la). Here are some more details from the Julep site:
A multi-tasking marvel that plumps, moisturizes, and preps lips for flawless color application. The tingle tells you it’s working. The ongoing hydration and smoothing tell you it’s still working.
This pale pink primer works well on its own, too.
I’m always up for trying a new eyeshadow primer. It’s mattifying and anti-aging, and I’ve never owned an anti-aging eye lid primer before. So, this will be interesting…I’ll be sure to test this one out over the weekend. But here is some info:
Features & Benefits:
- Extends wear of eye shadow, liner, and concealer
- Prevents creasing and evens color appearance
- Mattifies oily eyelids
- Smooths and brightens areas around eye, diminishing appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Easily blends into all skin types and skin shades
- Spatula-shaped applicator delivers easy, crease-proof coverage.
As always, whenever I get around to using all this, I’ll be sure edit this post with my finding.
*DISCLAIMER: I was not asked or paid to review these products, I purchased the products on my own. All opinions are my own.